Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interview with the Author

An interview with Bruce Hodes, the author of the new book, Front Line Heroes

Interviewer:  What is your book title?

Bruce Hodes (Author): Front Line Heroes: How to Battle the Business Tsunami by Developing Performance Oriented Cultures


I: Did you consider any other titles for your book?
A: Books as Compost or Business Compost/Fertilizer

I: Why did you decide to write a book?
A: I realized that this was the next thing to take on. As I was developing my career I found that I could make a difference and contribute. The business climate is terrible and it impacts businesses. There are opportunities for businesses and ways to impact the face of media, so I wanted to write about them to help people.

I:  Who/what were your sources of inspiration?
A:My ability to make a difference and my clients. They are the ones that asked the right questions and gave me the ideas.

I: What do you hope to achieve by writing and publishing your book?
A: Well, I hope people read it, but I really hope that they use it as a tool and get inspired  to make create safe and straight forward cultures in their workplace.

I: How long did it take to write your book?
A:1.5-2 years

I: Who designed the cover?
A:Writers of the Round Table

I: Who is your publisher?
A:Writers of Round Table

I: Why did you choose to write this particular book?
A:Tried and true ideas on growing/focusing organization

I: What was the hardest part about writing this book?
A:Sticking to it.  The promise to the writing group and the publishers helped me out with that.

I: Did you learn anything from writing this book and what was it?
A:I can write and I might even like it a little! But publishing is easier than I thought and the resources were outstanding. I also learned that people gain from knowledge from what my book has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment